191 Eastern Esplanade
Southend On Sea
- I travelled from Northolt in West London, and, on arrival at The Waverley, was warmly welcomed by the landlady who made me feel 'at home'. The room was just as shown online, and, was very comfortable, spacious and clean. Fantastic location on the seafront and close to the shopping centre and amenities. I will definitely be recommending The Waverley to my friends.
- Room 12 had a great little outdoor sitting area
- The room was really spacious, bright and comfortable with a glorious view over the Thames Estuary. The bed was a Super King with a really soft mattress. Really pleased.
- Lucy and staff were friendly and helpful. Was nice to have a balcony where I could keep the door open for fresh air and to keep the room cool at night. Good internet.
- The Waverley was well located just a ten minute walk away from the town centre. Nice and quiet.
- Fully carpeted and homely. Our rooftop family room was a great layout with a hammock in the terrace, which the children enjoyed. Lovely clean white sheets and comfy beds.
- Big comfortable bed, very nice sized room with a nice en-suite
- We were disappointed that it said breakfast and drink and they don't do either really not happy as they said they had changed it on your website
- Good clean comfortable room, Good location
- Great location right on the seafront, and a balcony looking out over the beach was great. Situated at the quieter end of Southend - close to the Ocean bar which is great, and a short walk from Roslin Beach Hotel which has a great restaurant - highly recommend!
- Comfortable and clean with nice decoration
- Beautiful view of the water from our bay window.
- The host was very welcoming and helpful and the moment I entered my room I felt relaxed
- Proximity to the sea, general cleanliness, comfortable beds, easy to reach with a taxi.
- Staff very friendly. Room very clean. Very good shower. Place very quite. Stayed 2 nights and really enjoyed the place
- upon arrival the lady was really friendly and relaxed, even though we were late! The room was decorated well and was rather spacious, with a lovely view. The shower was big and easy to work; it was cleaned well.
- The location was good as its on the front with views over the Thames.We had the ground floor room which was handy to be be able to sit in the front garden .
- Receiving our customer service is very friendly! The environment is simple and quiet!
- No cold water in shower tub Added cold water with jug of cold water.. Could nt wash as we would like to A shower would have been better than a bath No breakfast served Paid £120.00 for the room Which was expensive as facilities was not great In addition I emailed but never got a response back or a call back !!
- Lucy the owner was very friendly and the room was spotless
- The balcony facing the beach and the birds singing in the morning....The lovely sunset and sunshine....beautiful area and outdoor environment...
- The view was great. Netflix on the tv helped with our two year old! Recommend if you want a nice quiet time.
- Lovely big bed, great shower,and nice sea view
South Essex College
Southend Central Library
Southend Crown Court
Southend Magistrate Court
Southend-On-Sea Probation Service
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Spire Wellesley Hospital
London Southend Airport
London City Airport
London Stansted Airport
Historic Chatham Dockyard
Chatham Train Station
Chelmsford Train Station
Located on Eastern Esplanade, overlooking the Thames Estuary, The Waverley offers free parking and free Wi-Fi. With sea views . The hotel has bedrooms with flat-screen TVs. The cozy bedrooms at The Waverley are individually decorated and feature colorful art or floral prints. All rooms have tea and coffee facilities and a hairdryer, and some have wonderful sea views and private bathrooms. There are a number of restaurants, pubs and cafes just a short walk away. With an enviable seafront location, The Waverley Guest House is a 20-minute stroll along the parade from Adventure Island. Thorpe Bay Railway Station is just a mile away and Thorpe Hall Golf Club is a 15-minute walk.