The Gleneagles Guesthouse
5 Clifftown Parade
Southend On Sea
Overlooking the beautiful cliff gardens and with panoramic sea views, the Gleneagles offers 4-star guest accommodation within Southend's tranquil conservation area. Gleneagles is a Grade II listed building, which has now been completely refurbished, restoring it to its former glory. The location is perfect for both business and holiday travellers, with the town, transport links, theatres, quality restaurants and the pier/sea front all just a few minutes' walk away. The hotel's coffee house and residents' bar is a comfortable place to enjoy the view and relax with the papers. A full range of coffee and tea is served with cakes, light savoury lunches or snacks. Unfortunately, due to the age of the building, the Gleneagles hotel does not have a lift. -
In Southends ruhigem Naturschutzgebiet gelegen, bietet dieses Hotel einen herrlichen Panoramablick auf das Meer. Freuen Sie sich auf 4-Sterne-Komfort und die Aussicht auf die schönen Gartenanlagen. Das denkmalgeschützte Gleneagles Hotel wurde unlängst umfassend renoviert und erstrahlt nun in seinem ursprünglichen Glanz. Es eignet sich sowohl für Geschäftsreisende als auch für Freizeiturlauber, die von der günstigen Lage profitieren möchten. Zu Fuß erreichen Sie von hier aus in wenigen Minuten die Innenstadt, die öffentlichen Verkehrsmittel, Theater, exzellente Restaurants und die Küste. Besuchen Sie das hoteleigene Café und die Bar, um die Aussicht zu genießen oder entspannt die Zeitung zu lesen. Neben der Auswahl an Kaffee und Tee erhalten Sie hier Kuchen, leichtes Mittagessen und Snacks. Ein Lift ist in diesem historischen Hotel leider nicht vorhanden. -
Surplombant les magnifiques jardins de la falaise et avec des vues panoramiques sur la mer, le Gleneagles offre un h -
El hotel Gleneagles, de 4 estrellas, está situado en una tranquila zona de Southend, con vistas a los maravillosos jardines y al mar. El Gleneagles es un edificio de Nivel II, totalmente reformado. Goza de una ubicación perfecta tanto para estancias de negocios como vacacionales, con buenas conexiones de transporte, numerosos teatros, restaurantes de calidad y el paseo marítimo a pocos minutos. La cafetería del hotel y el bar es un espacio confortable para disfrutar de las vistas mientras lee el periódico. Sirve una gran variedad de cafés, tés, pasteles, aperitivos y platos ligeros. El hotel no dispone de ascensor debido a su antigüedad. -
- Everything was perfect! Gorgeous clean and quiet room, friendly helpful staff, and an unbelievably delicious homemade full English breakfast with all the best locally sourced ingredients! You can eat inside or outside on their lovely tea garden deck. (Seriously, the breakfast is phenomenal and well worth staying just for it!!) The location was easy and convenient—a short walk to the train station as well as the main tourist area with wonderful restaurants and shops all around. It's also right on the cliff overlooking the coast, directly in front of a beautiful statue of Queen Victoria. It's also very close to the longest pleasure pier in the world, which I highly recommend walking down! The owners are so sweet and helpful, and they provide a comprehensive guide for the area in a booklet in your room. I absolutely loved my stay here, and I will definitely come again!!
- Friendly, clean , nice place to be and great breakfast, if I need to go to that area again I would stay at gleneagles. Ray
- Location was perfect, view of the sea front was spectacular. Breakfast was excellent would highly recommend, we would have loved to try the afternoon tea but time was against us.
- The room, and property in general was very clean, comfortable and in smart decorative order. The proprietor was friendly and cheerful. The cooked breakfast was exceptionally good. It will be my first choice for a place to stay on any return to the area.
- Breakfast was excellent and staff very friendly and helpful.
- Friendly atmosphere and staff were so nice. Really good location and high standards throughout.
- Everything was perfect,as usual from the staff to facilities
- The bedroom had lots of space which was great with a baby. Thank you to the lady who organised this for us. Lovely big bed!
- Everything, ❤️the room , the location, great view of the sea and surrounding area and a breakfast to die for 👍
- breakfast was excellent and served with a smile, the room was very clean and quiet excellent range of tea and coffee and biscuits supplied in room
- The breakfast was in the top 3 I’ve ever had. The ingredients were superb. The marmalade has to be tasted. The location is perfect. The hosts and welcome were top drawer.
- The breakfast was nice and staff friendly
- staff were great, knowledgeable and attentive, facilities lovely. Beautiful room, bed was great as partner is 6ft 5, we had a patio, which was fantastic as very warm night. Location was brilliant.
- LOCATION. Rooms at the front have a great view of the Thames estuary Southend inc pier Superb sunsets (if sun is shining) see attached photo looking up river towards the sunset.. There is no lift so if that is a problem choose a lower floor. The hotel is just a couple of hundred yards west of Southend High Street with its shops restaurants etc AND Southend On Sea Central railway station (to/from Fenchurch Street) The full English breakfast is superlative - but be there before 9am. If you bring the car you can get all day parking for £2.50 arranged thro the hotel
- It was in the center of what we wanted to do a short walk to the Cliffs Pavilion one way and the shops the other. A lovely quite location and fab view from our window..The bonus was eating our breakfast on the terrace on a beautiful day. Friendly helpful staff.
- Location spot in close to everything. Very clean. Friendly staff. Sea view was a bonus and the outside terrace for breakfast was very nice. Oh and the breakfast was excellent
- The room we stayed in was STUNNING. Perfect location, wonderful view, super comfy beds. The staff were amazing too. So friendly and helpful
- Very friendly staff, very clean, extremely beautiful view from out suite.
- Everything, everywhere spotlessly clean, lovely welcoming hosts , veggie breakfast was amazing, think I had the best nights sleep i’ve Had in a long while, bed so comfy. And to top it all, had a beautiful sea view.
- Comfy bed, great breakfast, great staff, great location, just great.
South Essex College
Southend Central Library
Southend Magistrate Court
Southend Crown Court
Southend-On-Sea Probation Service
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council
Three Shells Golden sand Swimming, Food & Drink
London Southend Airport
London City Airport
London Stansted Airport
Historic Chatham Dockyard
Chatham Train Station
Chelmsford Train Station
Upminster Tube Station
The Gleneagles Guest house offers 4-star rooms with free fiber-optic broadband and panoramic sea views. The guest house overlooks the Cliff Gardens, and is only a 5-minute walk from Southend Pier. The bright and spacious bedrooms each have a TV and an private bathroom with a hairdryer. All rooms feature tea/coffee facilities and some have wonderful sea views. Guests can enjoy a hearty full English breakfast with produce from local butchers and bakers, while lighter options are also available. In season there is a coffee shop which serves light lunches and indulgent cakes from a large garden terrace overlooking the sea. Gleneagles Guest House is a Grade II listed building within Southend’s tranquil conservation area. There is limited on site parking and public parking is available outside the property at a surcharge. Southend Pier, High Street, seafront and Adventure Island are just a 5-minute walk away.